MSI Afterburner is a utility for managing the performance of graphics gas pedals. It is used for overclocking and optimizing the values of video card parameters for cryptocurrency mining, gaming, visualization of three-dimensional scenes in order to improve performance. Serves as a clearinghouse for information about the hardware configuration of computers and laptops.
We will tell you everything about AfterBurner: what this program is, where and how it is used, describe its features and functions. On the site you will learn about supported video cards, features of the application operation. Answering common questions.
The program is developed on the basis of RivaTuner – a popular in the early 2010s tool for overclocking video adapters.
About the program
MSI Afterburner is a program for improving the performance of graphics gas pedals, optimizing their cooling. Displays information about the computer’s hardware shell.
- saving profiles with overclocking settings for different situations;
- creating screenshots in three-dimensional applications;
- The interface is customizable through design themes;
- overlay display – overlay frame rate display on top of games;
- hotkey control;
- automatic profile management function;
- monitoring and graphing of video card parameters: core and memory frequency, temperature, video processor load;
- cooler speed control;
- optimization of power consumption;
- evaluating the performance of the graphics adapter.
It is freely distributed with an interface in 16 languages, including English. In addition to the latest stable edition, you can download the beta version.
MSI Afterburner has a single-window interface. There are icons for accessing the main functions of the application, graphs of variables: temperature, core and memory load, fan speed and video card elements.
Program language, time and temperature output format, composition mode, design themes can be changed in the interface settings.
The window is conditionally divided into blocks:
- Frequencies – memory, graphics core.
- Device Characteristics and Program Control Panel.
- Voltage and temperature.
- Video card information.
- Create, customize, and delete overclocking profiles.
- Monitoring window, where the graphs of the specified values are plotted.
MSI Afterburner displays detailed tooltips about interface element Read in detail how to overclock video cards from Nvidia and AMD in the publication.
- At the bottom, real-time graphs are plotted in real time to monitor the video card.
- Temperature, voltage, frequency, load, power consumption curves are optionally shown.
- The “Monitoring” tab can be displayed in overlay mode – on top of other windows or in the tray to control the parameters of the graphics gas pedal in the game.
Afterburner has a rich set of options:
- Core Voltage – Controls the applied voltage;
- Power Limit – Limit power consumption;
- Temp. Limit – sets the peak temperature, after which the overclocking settings are reset;
- Core Clock – changes the frequency characteristics of the core;
- Memory Clock – controls the frequency of graphics memory;
- Fan Speed – editing of the fan speed curve.
Undervolting the core chip
The application supports undervolting to reduce voltages. Lowering the voltage and current of the video card core helps to reduce the heating of the device chip, noise of the cooling system coolers. In analytical form Afterburner displays: current memory and core frequencies, its temperatures, voltages, in graphical form – much more.
Underwinding is the opposite process to acceleration. It lowers the power consumption of the graphics adapter, and with it, its performance. However, the video card memory continues to work within the specified parameters.
Pros and cons
How to use MSI Afterburner program?
To operate MSI Afterburner, be sure to update your graphics adapter drivers. Then run the app, change the operating frequencies by a few percent or tens of megahertz, apply the new settings, and test the device with a benchmark. If all is well, repeat the procedure.
Download MSI Afterburner for free
Download the latest or previous version of Afterburner to your Windows computer below:
Пароль на архив: 2255
Версия: 4.6.4 beta
|Languages:||English, Deutsch, Русский|
|Platforms:||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
Пароль на архив: 2255
Версия: 4.6.3 beta 3
Пароль на архив: 2255
Older versions can be downloaded here. It’s been a while since new versions have been added.
- Run the obtained file, click “Yes” when prompted by UAC.
- Select the interface language.
RivaTuner Statistic Server is needed to output fps in overlay and video recording from the screen.
- Determine the components to be installed (no additional downloads required).
- If necessary, change the directory to extract the files, then click “Install”.
If you have chosen RivaTuner Statistic Server, follow the same steps as for Afterburner deployment.
- The program is launched from the installer window.
- If you are prompted to reboot, do not ignore it or restart your computer before starting the application.
- A mandatory reboot is required after installation.
After calling Afterburner, you can drag the unlocked sliders to lower or raise the values. Click on the profile icon at the bottom right to save the settings to a memory locatio Left-click on them to apply them quickly, right-click on them to delete them.
Questions & Answers
Какие видеокарты могут работать с MSI Afterburner?
Полноценная поддержка гарантируется для видеокарт:
- Nvidia GeForce, начиная с 6-й серии с драйвером не старее ForceWare 96.XX;
- AMD HD 2000 и новее с драйвером, начиная с Catalyst 9.3.